Saturday, January 15, 2011

round 43 modification suggestion?

Planning on launching round 43 next week and watching the DVD now. In the turbo section, lots of tuck jumps... majority of my classes don't like to do these, so the obvious thing is to substitute jacks. Curious if any of you have other modifications for tuck jumps or modifications, in general for round 43 that seem to be working well. Always love hearing your ideas,

I usually demo a Pulsing squat for 3 counts, then the option of standing back up or jumping instead of the Burbee. I usually show all options during the Turbo. The Tuck jumps I can sub with a Jack or alternate knee pulls.

Here's the R43 modified turbo that I do:

Remember all the tuck jumps can just be jacks.

Run up w/ Double Jabs 
Quick Feet/Football run, 1 Jack @ "Power!"
Plyometrics: Squat & Jump; Low: All squats
Double Bob, Double Uppercuts
Leap heels back, Leap Knees Up
Double jab, Speedbag, Jab, Jack
Run to corner 8 cts, 2 Jacks, 2 Jumps
Zig Zag, 2 Jacks (or 1 jack, 1 jump like in R42)
Hi Hi Lo Lo slow 2x, Hi Hi Lo Lo Quick/Tempo 2x, 4 Jumps or Jacks


yeah I don't do the tuck jumps either... either jumping jacks or squat jumps.

 
I taught my first week of round 43 last week and the class can't get the 3 back kicks and knee that is in the punches and kicks section.  I'm having to figure out something about that.  They can't get it going straight from the running man to kicks.  I tried reversing it and doing the kicks, then running man, but several people came up to me after class and said they didn't like that way either.  Any suggestions?  I may just make them front kicks I guess... I love back kicks, though... so good for your booty! :)

Have u tried doing 2 back kicks and two knees? Then it will still on the right knee lift and put u back at the top with uppercuts . 



I taught my first week of round 43 last week and the class can't get the 3 back kicks and knee that is in the punches and kicks section.  I'm having to figure out something about that.  They can't get it going straight from the running man to kicks.  I tried reversing it and doing the kicks, then running man, but several people came up to me after class and said they didn't like that way either.  Any suggestions?  I may just make them front kicks I guess... I love back kicks, though... so good for your booty! :) 

I will try that.  I think a lot of people are tired of back kicks because Round 42 had a lot.....  I still love them and need them! 

:)  Thanks for the suggestion.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment