Saturday, February 12, 2011

Session 2-6-11 NEOHEMAS

Some days it is a good idea just to work on what you already know. It is easy to fall into the trap of being a technique collector. For unarmed, I like the following progression that we used on Sunday...boxing then add kicking then add the grappling. Then if we go further add the weapons in like we did...grappling is less attractive with the navaja pointed at you but for some reason happens frequently int eh e-tool bouting, most likely due to the slower speed of the heavier weapon.


2 rounds boxing
2 rounds savate
2 rounds combat sambo



The combat sambo lead us to a good deal of fighting against the wall both on the feet and on the ground. This lead to some work on using the wall to help get better position and or leverage both on the feet and on the ground.



1 round navaja and faja vs same
1 round navaja vs same
2 rounds of e-tool



The e-tool fight is much like the knife fight. often there is not way to come out unscathed. At time the only option was to come out of an engagement with less damage than you inflict. So what have you folks been up to this week?


On Wednesday Night I'll have my first group training session with two folks plus myself - I am mentally prepared.


On the solo front - I have switched from a primary focus on Kettlebell Complexes, "resistance cardio" and basic conditioning, and moved into a heavy focus on systems and skills. I am alternating days between pugilism, primarily Frank Lewis' system, and walking stick, mostly AC Cunningham's system. Performance-wise I am working on getting my repetition rate up during timed rounds, 3 minutes each for pugilism and 5 minutes each for walking-stick/cane.

No comments:

Post a Comment