Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Insurance for the turbo kick instructor


I am currently teaching Turbo Kick at my church. However, starting in January I am planning to teach it at the hospital that I work for. They called today and said that I would need insurance. I called my insurance agent, but they do not offer it. I looked at some sites online and am seeing it for anywhere from $150-250/year depending on the amount you want to be approved for and if you are certified (doesn't include the TK cert, they are talking about ACE/etc).

What kind of insurance does everyone else use, and what is the most affordable one? My concern is that I do not charge for my classes, but this is an additional cost. I have already spent $500 between the certification day, the Elite 11 DVDs, and the 5 pack of DVDs that were on sale on the Turbo Kick site. That is fine, because I love teaching and doing the workouts... However, I'm considering starting to charge at least a small amount of money to help cover the insurance and any new DVDs that I may want to purchase in the future. When the lady from the hospital called to see if I planned to charge, I said "no" so I'm not sure if she was going to say that it wasn't allowed, or if she just wanted to know...
 
Here's an option - http://adf.ly/3jejE - About 144/yr. I wouldn't teach without it - When I looked at the site, it said it would be asking for a registration number for certification. There isn't one on the TK certificate. Did you have to give one?

No comments:

Post a Comment