Sunday, November 14, 2010

Finale Sound effects

I've been teaching TK for a couple of weeks and I love it!! Just wanted to ask the experts about the sound effects in the finale section--do two bells mean switch sides or what?? I find in class that I've spent a long time on one side--I'm doing Round 33 since it's pretty basic and not so tricky choreo--would love ya'lls input!

I think it just depends on you. This is what I do:

1. When the bell/whistle goes I finish the entire phrase we are on.
2. We then step right/left with a clap - I holler we are halfway there.
3. After 16 counts of step right/left we jack 8 times until the next phrase starts and then we are on the left lead. If you need to rotate to position yourself to the left lead you can while you are jacking.

This seems to keep us at the halfway point. The newer rounds all have the whistle so it is easy to keep the left/right split 50/50.

No comments:

Post a Comment