Friday, September 3, 2010

Running Nose????

I sound really crazy posting this question, but am I the only one this happens to?????? Every time I teach my nose starts to run. It's so bad I have to stop and blow it!!! It's really embarrassing as I hate the thought of everyone hearing me sniff over the mic ;)

This happens even if I don't have a cold. I have tried taking allergy tablets but this isn't helping as I don't have any symptoms before I teach. Any thoughts???

And I thought I was the only one that suffered from this! I think it is just how hard you are working  and cueing at the same time. This is of course worse for me in the summer when it is warm and muggy. Usually I can wait until after the Turbo section to go blow my nose unless we have Burpees to do, then I have no choice to run over and blow my nose. I let the music go and then restart the Turbo just so everyone doesn't hear my horn blow. I wonder if anyone has a good suggestion that doesn't involve dehydration!

 this happens to me EVERYTIME!!! thought I was the only one. I don't have any suggestions so if anyone else does that would be great!

This condition is known as Vasomotor Rhinitis Vasomotor rhinitis: Type of rhinitis related to dry air and is thought to be caused by an imbalance nerves to nasal passages. Your doctor can prescribe ipratropium bromide, trade name Atrovent, to alleviate the problem. It could be something else as well, but always check with your physician before you self diagnose yourself. I hope this helps.

It happens when I got real hot or cold.  I never let it bother me, because it is what it is.  It's how my body functions and I'm not down for meds to stop something that my body is natural doing as a result of me working it out.  Just have tissue on hand and wipe when you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment