Thursday, May 27, 2010

WMA or EMA groups in AZ

there is also the Tattershall School of Defense in Mesa AZ. There website is http://9127ab4b.linkbucks.com and they list training times and locations.

I run a WMA practice in the Phoenix area, not sure if that will work for you depending on where you are located. Drop me a line off-list and I can try to help you.
The best contact in AZ for WMA I know is in Flagstaff but I suspect he can give you some help.

I was wondering if there was any really good groups in south eastern az, and if can someone link me with them or will i have to break down and start a new
I was the 1st post asking for info. I will be in the sierra vista area in the next few mo. I was just looking for a good no BS real school to continue my study.


Hi,

The videos were very good, especially to see Silver's concepts in action.AFAIK, not many seem to appreciate Silver.
On some occassions before advancing in passing step to attack, the sowrdsman or the agent seems to retreat his front leg just a liitle(as in shuffling step) before his rear leg crosses the front leg and performs the passing step.was it accidental or was it a conscious decision? Is there any particular reason behind it?if so then is there a difference between a normal passing step and this one?

That is probably what he's saying, yes. I f you have more specific questions about techniques I will happily answer them, but in the meantime it might be easier to see what it looks like in practice (as still photos suck as a way of conveying movement!), so here's a few of our Silver-ish vids:

I haven't read the book but since Silver is defensive fighter I can see Stephen's suggestion you work from the position of the patient agent first.
Allen

Has anybody read the commentary book "The true fight of George Silver" ritten by stephen hand which says to be a successful player first you must be n the position of the patient agent as described in the lessons of his book hich at the first hand seems to be in pretty awkward positions to do the arrying.He specifically mentions not to ask questions or doubts initially as it ould hamper the progress in understanding the concepts of "true fight" i.e pace, time, measure, place and to blindly follow the lessons. Can anybody extrapolate more on this?

No comments:

Post a Comment