Monday, October 4, 2010

attending TurboKick instructor training

Hi All


So I did Turbo Jam for years, then P90X, then Insanity and now im addicted to Turbo Fire. I have been thinking about becoming a turbokick instructor but have several questions.



1) Is turbokick more like turbojam or turbofire?
2) Do you get as good of a workout when teaching as you would if you were taking the class or doing it at home?
3) aside from the all day training fee, what other expenses should I plan for during the 2 yrs while im certified to teach?



I think thats it for now, Im so excited I found a group of turbo lovers like me!


Answer's : 

I think that Turbokick is more like Turbo Jam. There's isnlt any band work etc in Turbokick. With regards to getting a good workout........i burn about 400 calories when I a participating in a class and around 600 when teaching!!!! I can not tell you how much harder it is to teach than just taking the class. I give 101% to every class I teach even if I am feeling tired. It;s your job to motivate the class so you have to give it your all however your feeling!

Yes you will have the training fee but you will also have to buy the Turbokick rounds. These come out about every 3 months (sometimes sooner) and cost around $55. You may also like to buy previous rounds when you first start out so you have plenty of material to swap things around prior to a new round coming out. When you do your training you buy what they call Elite 11. This is a box set of previous rounds at a discounted price.

So when I do the training and I buy what they call Elite 11 - How many workouts is that? You said its a set of previous rounds? so is each Round music to a class that I could teach? does it come with choreography too? Im just not familiar with how the rounds work? Im wondering after the training with I have a few routines to teach - or only one? Also, im glad to hear that you get a good workout or better, i was thinking that maybe you would as you are talking and cueing!



GO onto www.turbokick.com and you'll be able to see the local training sessions. You will get a current round free with your training. It's an all day event and you can buy the elite 11 there. The Elite 11 has 10 rounds and a dvd called going for gold which is all about form etc. The 10 rounds range from #28-37. We are currently on round 42 and 43 is due very soon.

Each round consists of an hour and is set to music. You get a dvd showing you the chromatography, notes and music cd. I would strongly suggest buying the elite11 and there's nothing worse than going to a class and doing the same routine for 3 months!!!!!!!

Thanks. There is a training on December 5th in MA that I am thinking about attending. So if I buy Elite 11 at training, i will have 10 rounds/workouts that i can teach. Im on turbokick now reading about the rounds. Do you remember how much it was to buy the Elite 11, or all 10 rounds?



So glad you have a training near you!!!

Yes if you get Elite 11 you will have 10 rounds. If your starting a brand new class you can do whatever round you like. If your going to be teaching/subbing an existing round they will probably be doing the most up to date round.

I'm thinking its about $170 but it was a while ago that I bought mine so I'm not completely sure! Whatever it is it is worth it's weight in gold!

I really can't thank you enough for this info! I think I may do it. Im glad you said i'll get a good workout doing it as well? Have you done turbofire?

What about the pay? is it different everywhere? im not really doing it for the money, just as a way to workout and share my love of turbo with others. but i am curious what i should expect or ask for?

Yes I have Turbofire but I am teaching so much I just don't need to do that as well! I can see you have a lot of the workout dvd.s, are you a Beachbody coach? I work for 24 hour and get $18.50. I'm like you, I don't do it for money. If you set up your own class you could earn alot more than this but I just don't want the extra hassle.

No I'm not a coach, Im just addicted to working out! I was 210lbs in my teens and now I'm a size 4 at 34yrs old. I'm so glad I found this group and got to talk to someone. 

Im so close to signing up for the Dec 5th training! ahhhhh :)

I know Andi has given you a bunch of information I just want to bring up a couple things that I've discovered since I got certify in June. Fitness Instructor insurance: Depending on where you teach you may or may not need this. I bought mine (with advice from the great ladies here) thru K&K Insurance for about $175. It was the cheapest I could find. Advertising-If you are walking into a gym/studio that already has a Turbo Kick following GREAT, if not you may want to have some money set aside to do some marketing.


Elite 11-BEST INVESTMENT EVER! I bought mine for 139 at our training. I knew that I was gonna need some rounds to get started and I didn't know when I'd be able to afford to buy more so this was a great starter tool.



I burn about 700 to 750 cals teaching, so yes it's still a great workout because you are over emphasizing everything and making it big and bringing all your energy to the class.



As far as pay, I've been offer $8 per class all the way up to $18. It all depends on other certifications you have (first aid/cpr, group fit ect) and the facility.



The trainings are amazing. Our presenter was so great. They teach you everything you need to know and give you the energy and encouragement to get out there and spread the Turbo Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment