Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Mixmeister

OH OH OH!!! I live and instruct in Santa Monica (24 Hour Fitness Sport), and I can TOTALLY tell you the BEST class to take in LA! Dwayne Jeffers, who is featured in alot of the TKB Video's, (Most recently Round 40) instructs Tuesday nights at 7:00 at the Santa Monica Sport. His class is outrageously popular, and you will soon see why! I will be there tomorrow attending his class, you should go! The address to the Sport is:

2929 31st Street, Santa Monica - (310) 450-4464

Cross street is 31st and Ocean Park Blvd. My name is Aimee, i'll be up front if you come!

If you can't make it Tuesday, I HIGHLY recommend Gina Garcia's class in Beverly Hills tonight at 7:00 PM. This girl has CRAZY energy and it's always a party! It's very close to Santa Monica too. The address:

9911 West Pico Boulevard, Los Angeles - (310) 553-7600

Other than that, Dwayne also teaches an AMAZING class at the Hollywood Arclight on Thursday nights at 7. FUN FUN FUN classroom! He has the disco lights and all! Address is:

6380 West Sunset Boulevard
Hollywood, CA 90028
(323) 461-2024

I'll be Kickin' alongside Gina tonight, and I never miss Dwaynes class. Let me know if you're going to go! Aimeebeardsley@gmail.com or Aimeebeardsley@yahoo.com.

Saw the post about mixmiester and i went to a couple of stores and it seems that mixmiester is way easier than other products....Dan...do u recommend it? i see u have it. I want to over lap or blend the music from different rounds plus when i have other top 40 hip hop songs i want to speed them up.... I do have the Mixmiester software and use it for Turbokick and other class formats. I have found it takes some time to learn it but it does get a lot easier and most of the time it does a great job of marking the music counts so it is easier to splice rounds together. In fact I have a custom mix now with the following rounds put together. Round 27 Punches, Round 32 Kicks and Round 38 Punches/Kicks - Lots of Kicks in this mix. I would recommend it as it seems to do a great job and has some great interactive tutors that will get you editing music fairly quickly.

I have MM also - and use it all of the time for non-turbo music, because of the "overlap" that is already built into the TK tracks. How do you work around that when making custom mixes?

I do have the Mixmiester software and use it for Turbokick and other class formats. I have found it takes some time to learn it but it does get a lot easier and most of the time it does a great job of marking the music counts so it is easier to splice rounds together. In fact I have a custom mix now with the following rounds put together. Round 27 Punches, Round 32 Kicks and Round 38 Punches/Kicks - Lots of Kicks in this mix. I would recommend it as it seems to do a great job and has some great interactive tutors that will get you editing music fairly quickly.

I basically "pull in" the phrase to get rid of the overlap. This does shorten each section you mix together because I have to start my own overlap before the original overlap so it is not heard. I usually pick entire A/B sections from rounds rather than switching the A/B sections individually as it would likely shorten the round too much. This gives you extra time in the end for more ab work, and extra Turbo or whatever you feel like throwing in. To keep the section at the same length and to work around the original overlap, I delete the section containing the overlap. And then I copy an identical section from somewhere earlier in the song and paste that at the end of the song where I had deleted the overlap.

And then I can add the next song and then overlap them.

Thanks guys. That's what I figured, but I had hoped for some "magic" answer :o)

It takes time to do what you do Felix - I wish I had the patience !

I'm having a couple Turbo theme nights for the summer and wanted to know some ideas that are fun and creative! Any ideas?
Red, white and bling!

No comments:

Post a Comment