Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Tai Chi and Ba Gua as Moving Meditation at Brookline

Thanks for keeping us honest! Hopefully Eric will chime in with some comments from his extensive notes ;-)
Heading into this workshop, I wasn't quite sure where to put the things you mentioned: vibrating the spine, internal images, and sound, into my practice.

I think now, though, that I have a much clearer sense for how to work with them. For me, personally, the biggest insight was that these things really aren't any different than the dissolving practice. More and more I saw Bruce just striving to frame it differently for people, but when you get down to it, they are all different attempts at shaking up and breaking up stuck chi. And, we're working on a continuum of refinement when it comes to feeling awareness that starts in the physical body and gets more subtle the further in or further out you go.

Armed with that insight, it was a lot easier to just try to feel what was going on during the teaching than to obsess about images or sounds. I realized that the concept of an internal image was a major stumbling block that pulled me out of my body in the past and made it a purely mental trip.

Anyway, that's my personal 2 cents....as far as specific techniques, maybe someone else can offer up an account.

Anyone remember any of the specific training exercises? Did you work on Sound and Light or Tan Tians or dissolving or anything in specific?

Was circle walking included in the training?
Sounds like it was a good session!

You GOT it!

No comments:

Post a Comment